Hall Hire

Both of our Halls are available for hire for all compatible events including club gatherings, meetings, AGM’s and so on. Proceeds help us maintain the buildings, comply with safety/WHS requirements and provide equipment for Scouting activities including camping, canoeing and general activities. Scouts undertake a wide range of activities.

The Darra Scout Hall has a galley kitchen and facilities that was renovated due to the kind assistance of the Brisbane City Council. The Jamboree Heights-Wacol Scout Hall is soon to have some upgrades. All dens have safety switches, smoke alarms and compliant fire equipment through regular scheduled maintenance.

The halls are available to groups, organisations and individuals for activities that the Scout Association considers are compatible with the principles of the Association and which benefit the community generally. The following are examples of the kind of groups which may be interested in using the hall:- Disabled groups (Darra only), dancing classes, community interest groups, weight watchers, Senior Citizens, youth groups, junior sporting clubs or similar organisations.

Jamboree Heights has a large council park nearby.  Darra has a huge council park, which may require a BCC permit for a large event.

Unfortunately, we can not hire the hall for events such as 18 and 21st birthday parities, pop or rock groups or parties.

Public liability insurance has to be obtained for one-off and regular hirers and must have $10 million public liability insurance and must be able to supply a certificate of currency as evidence of their cover.

The current rate for hiring the hall is $15 per hour, with rates negotiable for long-term renters and services in kind (we sometimes exchange a service like taking in the garbage bins for a on-off hall usage; please make an offer).

To enquire about booking a venue, complete the form below and specify:

  • Venue required (Jamboree Heights or Darra)
  • Preferred date and times (start and end times)
  • Number of people attending
  • Will an alcohol permit be required?
  • Other needs like number of tables, chairs etc